19 June 2007

More excited than words can say

Opened up the November pack of AI’s from Penguin today. Slap bang in the middle of a bunch of sporting, historical biogs and current affairs books was the very very shiny shiny jacket for the new Jane Green hardback - Second Chance coming to a bookshop near you in November. Now I no longer work with people who are important (as opposed to ever actually being important myself that is), I don’t really get many proofs of books anymore, let alone proofs of the books I love. So unless some kindly soul from Poogoo gets to hear of my plight, it looks like I might actually have to purchase a book. Sweet lord alive. Either way, freebie or hard cash money, I’ll be getting my hands on this bad boy. I love Jane Green’s books. I’ve always loved her books – even before I sort of knew what I was talking about, about chick lit, and whilst her last title “Life Swap” didn’t totally rock my socks off, “Jemina J” still goes down as one of my favourite ever chick lit titles…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll try and blag one for you from my mate at Penguin.. watch this space x

SJV said...

I've never loved you more Lady Doore. Thank you darling xx

Anonymous said...

he says he'll send one, they should be in next week apparently. hurrah!

SJV said...

triple hurrah! thanking both you and your lovely lovely friend. xxx