6 June 2008

7 Days Later

This past 7 days has slipped by in a bit of a blur, and I suddenly realised I haven’t updated this blog. Tut.

Last Friday night, Boo and I were kept awake till (literally) day break by Big Cock and Little Cock downstairs having a very drunken, very loud argument. It went along the lines of; “I can’t believe you said I’m spoilt – YOU’RE the spoilt one”… mumble, mutter, mumble. “You are so spoilt, it’s all about you”... mutter, mumble, mutter. “I just can’t believe it. You are SO spoilt, and yet you call ME spoilt. I just can’t believe it”….

This went on, loudly, till I tiptoed downstairs, knocked on their door and said “Look, I’m really sorry, but we can hear every word”. To which I got a mouthful of “You bloody stomp around like a bloody elephant, and we can hear you”. It didn’t seem appropriate to point out I do no such thing at 3.30 in the friggin morning – so tail between my legs, I duly stomped back upstairs, shaking, and then had to listen to “That bloody bitch. Who does she think she is? We don’t go banging on her door when we hear her stomping around all the time. Who does she think she is?”…mutter, mumble, mutter. “I can’t believe she banged on OUR door, when she’s the one who stomps around all the time. And during the week. This is the fucking weekend”… mumble, mutter, mumble. “How bloody dare she. She’s always stomping around, and we don’t go banging on her door. Yeh, and I can’t believe you called me selfish”…..

Saturday, exhausted and feeling very fragile, I was duly picked up by Chimmy, and taken to my very favourite-ist fish restaurant in West London; Fish Hook for my early birthday lunch with The Girls. It was lovely – and the mackerel tempura, posh fish and chips and cinnamon ice-cream certainly hit the spot.

Saturday night I got all emotional and over excited watching George win Britain’s Got Talent. Bless his lovely little cottons.

Sunday, after a peaceful nights sleep, I was taken for another early Birthday lunch, this time with The Family to the place where in less than a year, Boo and I will get married! . It was lovely, and having now tasted the food, we are even more pleased we chose it. The lovely waitress even found time to show The Family some of the 9 rooms – so they have an idea of what to expect next year. The niece made me some lovely birthday cookies (which of course I’ve already polished off), and I got some great gifts, including a very exciting hand mixer – with which I will be baking my own birthday cake probably next weekend!

This weekend it’s off to The Country for some time with The Niece, and some buying of The Sisters posh frock for The Wedding. We are off to a rather nice shop in Bromley. I hope to buggery they’ve got something in green. Otherwise we are screwed.

No comments: