14 April 2009

It’s very rare that I’m got. I’m normally the one who does the gotting (getting?). I’m normally the one in charge of the planning and the organisation and the surprise and the stuff. And yet, on Friday I was well and truly gotten. What was supposed to be as far as I knew, a “lets meet for lunch as we are all off” day in Notting Hill on Friday with the girls, was hijacked into a sort of hen day thing for me instead. It was lovely. There were glow in the dark penis earrings. Strawberry body paint. Plastic penis straws. Passion fruit massage oil…. such class! There was a fair bit of booze, and a healthy dose of inappropriate “all men are shit” discussions… There was also a smartbox delicious retreat gift box voucher – which will involve an overnight stay in one of 50 4 star hotels around the UK, breakfast, a three course meal and a welcome glass of fizz on arrival for me and my future husband. A lovely surprise and great present…

Saturday me and Boo were heading off for our romantic weekend Easter break. He had booked a gorgeous Victoria gothic hotel in Windsor (where we got engaged) that allegedly was used as the English HQ of the French Resistance during WWII… amazing surroundings, beautiful location right on the banks of the Thames…blah blah bloody blah. It was roasting hot all the time, the windows didn’t fit quite right so let in mosquito’s, the plumbing was both noisy and useless, the air con didn’t work but was constantly droning in the background even when turned off and our room service dinner was delivered wrongly! We were offered a transfer at 2 in the morning to a twin room, but even we would struggle to be romantic in separate beds, so couldn’t wait to get home on Sunday for some sofa and pj action. Heaven.

No comments: