23 December 2008

I couldn’t quite say what on earth I’ve been up to that’s been so important that it’s meant that yet again 2 weeks have passed since a post… Soz. Luckily the world has gone credit crunch shopping crazy so I am pretty sure no-one has time to read this blog, and therefore hasn't missed it at all... Anyway, for those that do care ...

We had our Work Christmas lunch. Very nice it was. I had goats cheese with peppers. Then some pasta. Then some Tiramisu. And I wore a Christmas hat and pulled a Christmas cracker.

We had the dress fittings with Boo’s Sister and Niece – they looked stunning. In just 131 days they will get to wear them. 131 days...

I made another Key Lime Pie. I left it in the kitchen at Work along with a note that said “Fresh cream key lime pie – must be eaten today – SJP”. The ink on the note was still wet when the last slice was taken…

I had a great evening with two of my favourite author lady friends. We talked about men and books over some Italian food whilst drinking Proseco. Does life get any better than that?

I started and finished Sophie Kinsella’s new one Remember Me?. It’s been nominated on the long list in the Romantic Novelist of the Year Award 2009. I’ve been to the award ceremony a couple of times along with the blue rinse brigade. Its brilliant, slightly silly, and not usually very at home to standard chick lit, so it’s a great nomination…but I fear there are not quite enough clogs and shawls to guarantee it a place on the shortlist.

So, in a couple of hours Chrimbo proper will be upon us, and two weeks of sitting around watching TV and eating my body weight in lard will begin. This year we've got a day with my mum and a day with his mum. Then we've got a bunch of days on our own. Next year we will be Mr and Mrs and I am determined we will bugger off on our own for a romantic get away. But for now its sprouts all round and lots of ITV repeats.

I'm looking forward already to my 2009 New Year Resolutions. Remember the last ones? Oh what fun I've had obeying none of them...

Anyway hope you have a lovely festive season and Santa brings you everything you want. Including the blow job.

No comments: