7 January 2011

New Year, New Stuff, Same Stuff

So. Christmas came and went in a puff of pj's, snacks and sofa action.... in fact, I think the very most action that took place in the Virtue household was the day we turned on the Wii, played a round of Sword Fighting (for the record, I beat him... again) and turned it off again to resume the slumped position.

I think I watched enough Poirot, Marple, Midsummer's and Columbo to last a lifetime - and I never thought that day would come.

Santa was very generous - bringing a host of gorgeous things like a weekend away, (more) Asics trainers, a Cath Kidston purse, Tiffany earrings, a new leather bag, electric toothbrush, the very softest slippers you've ever felt in your whole life and a lovely wedge of cash, and the Christmas meal with three meats and more trimmings than was entirely necessary went off without a hitch - despite forgetting the red cabbage till teatime!

And now it's back to work, back to tube delays and price hikes, rain, increased VAT, bills and the longest time till pay day.

But there is new stuff too. There's this thing at work. All a bit hush hush really till Valentine's Day... but it's kind of mine. My idea, my project, my passion. So I've got to learn some Twitter stuff, and have a Facebook fan page, and help design a microsite, and start writing some articles - and then I'll be leading it, and developing it - and running wild and free, and I'm so excited I'm fit to bursting. So if you are a tweeter (or whatever it is) I'm at @bookminxsjv - so please follow me, or whatever it is. Thanks.

No comments: