So Boo and I made a list of what we wanted for our wedding... and then we added some other bits to the list and took a whole bunch of bits off - and we came up with a day that suited us both as a couple and as individuals. It's hopefully going to go something like this:
1. small country hotel for a long weekend in early spring 2009
2. late afternoon civil ceremony on the Sunday with just 7 guests in total
3. reportage photography and cupcakes (of course)
4. emerald and sage outfits for our guests
5. early evening entertainment in the gardens with Pimms and canapes, and late evening entertainment whilst having our wedding breakfast
We then went onto a very clever website that lists the 3,000 or so places licenced to hold a civil ceremony in the UK.
We then worked our way down those lists of venues and looked at the website of every single place within a 2 hour journey of where we live to come up with a longlist of possible venues.
We then read the brochures of those five places, and came up with our shortlist of 3 venues.
That's 3 venues within a 100 mile radius of where we live that might be able to host the wedding we want.
We went to see one last weekend. The smallest room that has a licence is just too big. Bugger.
So just two remain.
The Inn on the Green.
The Manor Hotel.
We are due to see both hotels when we get back from holiday. If neither of them are right, we may have to elope...now, there's an idea.....